During the 2013–2014 academic year, the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) Exam 3L became two new exams, LC and ST. The CIA decided not to include ST in its new mapping (for 2014–2015) due to many university courses being offered outside actuarial science departments. The UAP followed the syllabus for 3L to August 31, 2014.
a) If a student received credit for Exam 3L or Society of Actuaries Exam MLC prior to January 2014, they will receive credit for LC and ST. In the CAS system, UAP candidates who completed 3L before January 2014 are automatically considered to have both LC and ST.
b) The CAS will extend the credit for both 3L and MLC and provide credits for both LC and ST until August 2014.
No transition rules exist for this period.
Following implementation of CAS exam S in fall 2016, at the time of transition (fall 2015 to spring 2016), if a candidate has credit for either Exam ST or Exam LC, but not both as at August 31, 2015, the candidate will be allowed to take just the exam for which he or she is missing credit in order to obtain credit for the new exam. Candidates with credit for neither ST nor LC as at August 31, 2015 will have to take the new exam.
Université Laval – Exam C
For candidates who completed ACT 3000 before September 1, 2015:
• ACT 2005, ACT 2008, and ACT 3000 (namely the requirement in force during academic years 2012–2013, 2013–2014, and 2014–2015).
For candidates attending ACT 3000 as of September 2015:
• ACT 2005, ACT 2008, with ACT 2001 completed as of winter 2014 or thereafter; or
• ACT 2005, ACT 2008, with ACT 2001 completed during fall 2015 only.
The CAS has also granted credits for Exam LC to candidates who have received a credit granted by the CIA UAP. For those candidates who have credit for Exam ST by August 31, 2015, the CAS will continue to grant Exam LC credits through August 31, 2016.
Simon Fraser University – Exam FM
Please note that the BUS 316 and BUS 419 combination is valid only if BUS 419 is completed after September 1, 2016. A combination using BUS 316 and BUS 419 completed prior to September 1, 2016 would need to be complemented with ACMA 335 completed before September 1, 2016.
Simon Fraser University – Exam C
The following transition and recognition rules for exam C will be applicable. For ease of reference, please note that “Old” means that a course was completed before or on August 30, 2016 and that “New” refers to a course completed after August 30, 2016.
• New 395 (LM) + Old 315 + Old 335;
• New 395 (LM) + Old 315 + Old 445;
• New 455 + Old 315 + Old 445;
• New 455 + Old 335 + Old 445; and
• New 455 + Old 445.
UQÀM – Exam FM
• ACT2025 (prior program) becomes ACT1200 (new program). Both courses have exactly the same syllabus.
• ACT 1200 is available as of fall 2016 only.
• ACT2025 (completed before September 1, 2016) or ACT1200 and ACT3122 if completed after September 1, 2016. If ACT 3122 is completed before August 30, 2016, ACT 2320 completed before August 30, 2016 must be added.