International Relations Council
Duties and Purpose:
- To oversee relations with actuarial organizations outside Canada, including the associations represented in the International Actuarial Association, and other associations like the North American Actuarial Council (NAAC) (of which Canada is a member as well as the United States and Mexico) and the Actuarial Association of Europe;
- To be familiar with the Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement and the North American Free Trade Agreement as they pertain to the actuarial profession;
- To be familiar with and make recommendations to the Board about specific projects which involve, or could involve the CIA with these bodies and agreements;
- To respond to requests for comments on international actuarial topics and make submissions as appropriate; and
- To arrange for CIA representation at international actuarial meetings as appropriate.