International Affairs Council
Duties and purpose:
- To actively develop and maintain an international strategy for the CIA, to be proposed for Board approval;
- To provide CIA comment in order to influence international bodies on matters involving actuarial topics;
- To foster and coordinate active CIA participation with the International Actuarial Association (IAA), including the recruitment and nomination of CIA members for participation in the IAA;
- To act as a sounding board for CIA officers and other councils in their dealings with other actuarial organizations and associations; and
- To keep CIA members informed on international matters of interest.